At UDR, the health and safety of our residents, associates, and communities continue to be our highest priority. Our goal with this webpage is to inform you of the ongoing actions we are taking to keep you and our associates healthy in our communities. UDR is monitoring the situation and will continue to provide ongoing guidance and support. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times.
FOR OUR RESIDENTS
CURRENT AND FUTURE
• On-Site Social Distancing - To reduce in-person contact, we are asking residents and prospects to communicate with the management team via email, phone, or resident portal. We encourage all residents, when possible, to sign up for the UDR resident portal for ease of communication and online rental payments.
• Amenity Closures - With guidance from the CDC and local authorities, we have begun to re-open amenity spaces with adjusted guidelines that allow for effective cleaning and disinfecting practices and encourage continued social distancing. This may include, but is not limited to, adjusted hours open, lower maximum capacities, and increased cleanings per day.
• Self-guided Tours & Virtual Appointments - At this time, all of our communities offer self-guided or virtual tours. If you are interested in leasing at one of our communities, please contact the leasing office via email or phone for additional details.
• Regular Cleaning & Disinfecting - We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting our leasing offices, common areas, and unoccupied apartments. Prior to any resident moving in, we are taking extra precautions to disinfect their new apartment home.
• Required Face Coverings - All future residents, vendors, and associates are required to wear a face-covering while on the premises, except for young children under the age of two or anyone who has trouble breathing. For future residents, if you or anyone in your home is experiencing COVID-19-related symptoms, please let us know and we will work with you to schedule a virtual tour or reschedule your self-guided tour when you are feeling well again.
FOR OUR ASSOCIATES
• Wellness Checks - To reduce the risk of transmission among employees, we have implemented daily wellness checks, including temperature checks. These check-ins actively encourage sick employees, and those with sick family members, to stay home.
• Required Face Coverings - All associates are required to wear a face-covering while around others at the community.
• Additional Cleaning & Disinfecting- We have increased the frequency of regular cleaning and disinfecting of common spaces, and frequently touched surfaces, including office copy rooms, conference rooms, reception desks, kitchens, and bathrooms.
• Workplace Social Distancing - In accordance with social distancing best practices, we have implemented flexible worksites, increased physical space between employee workspaces, meeting room protocols, and delivered services remotely via phone, video, and web.
• No Handshake Policy - In an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus and to promote health and good hygiene, our associates are avoiding handshakes and other forms of close personal contact.
• Flexible Sick Leave - We have ensured that sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance.
FOR OUR INVESTORS
• Virtual Annual Shareholders Meeting - In consideration of the health and well-being of shareholders and other meeting participants, UDR will host the Company's 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders in a virtual-only meeting format. Read more >
• COVID-19 General information & Government Response - Stay up to date with the orders and information coming from local governments where our communities are located, as well as national organizations telling us more about COVID-19.
• National Resources
○ CDC Guidelines
• State Resources (link to each state's COVID-19 website):
○ New Jersey
○ New York