The Program requires that all applicants complete a Tenant Income Certification Form at both Initial Certification and Annual Recertification and provide the following income documents. Additional documents may be requested if needed to determine eligibility through the City of Huntington Beach’s audit requirements.
• Paycheck stubs from the (3) most recent months from every employer for each employed member of the household.
• If employed and paystubs are not available, we will consider other sources of employment verification but this is subject to the request of additional documents as needed to determine income eligibility as well as a signed Self Employment Affidavit.
• Three (3) months of bank statements for the most recent months – all pages from every account. If additional deposits show in the provided bank statements, a separate document can be requested with specified notations for each deposit.
• Account statement reflecting household assets (e.g., savings accounts, stocks, interest-bearing checking accounts, or other assets) - 10% of all household assets over $5,000 are added to your annual gross income.
• Signed copies of two (2) most recent income tax returns. If income taxes were not filed for a given year, we require an official IRS confirmation letter that no tax records are on file for each applicable adult member of the household. We can provide the information on how to obtain this through the IRS website.
• If receiving other benefits (e.g., Social Security, Disability, Child Support, Alimony, Royalties, Pension, etc.) additional documents may be requested.